The Travel Writing Workshop is designed for both frequent travelers as well as those of us who don’t always get to hop on a plane, but absolutely love to explore. Writing creates a space for us to process our experiences in a way that we hadn’t before, and uncover new insights. We’ll read compelling pieces, enjoy interactive activities, and learn how to process our own experiences on paper.
In the Travel Writing Workshop we will:
- Understand our urge to write
- Uncover insights from our past travel experiences
- Capture the sights, tastes, smells, and sounds that stimulate us
- Feel the impact our words have on other travelers
Once you complete the workshop, you will have the opportunity to:
- Publish your travel experiences on Pink Pangea
- Receive ongoing feedback on your writing from Pink Pangea’s editor
- Gain exposure for your writing
- Access a Pink Pangea Writers’ Facebook group, where we share press trip giveaways, writing opportunities, books to review, and more!
After completing workshops, participants have written for major publications, launched their own blogs, or continued to write in their journals. Others have simply enjoyed trying something new.
Date: January 15, 2017
Time: 12 PM – 1 PM EST
“I came out of it a different person than I went in…[Jaclyn] made us linger in our discomfort long enough to compel us to make a change. In fact, she had to relinquish control in order for it to be a catalyst. That’s a mark of a great teacher.” – Stephen Elliot, Travel Writing Workshop participant
About the facilitator
Jaclyn Mishal is a co-founder of Pink Pangea. A writing teacher and an inspirational public speaker, Jaclyn specializes in guiding people to express themselves fully. Her creative, guided writing activities help even the most seasoned writers break out of their habits and expand their abilities. Jaclyn has led writing and Fearless Living workshops internationally in partnership with colleges and companies, including Barnard College, Mount Holyoke College, Smith College, Wagner College, REI, Google, and Hostelling International. According to Jaclyn, writing enables us to access parts of ourselves that we may have trouble expressing otherwise.
Read testimonials from past travel writing workshop participants here. For more details about Pink Pangea’s travel writing workshops email Hello@pinkpangea.com. This workshop may be recorded.